Picture this scenario for a second:
You’ve come home from a long day at work. Traffic wasn’t too bad, you don’t have a laundry list of housekeeping items to complete, and you’re in the mood for a quiet night in with some wine and cheese. It’s a Wednesday night, but who cares? You’re enjoying a nice pause from the hustle and bustle of your busy life. You prepare yourself a nice dinner, with the wine and cheese sitting next to you at the ready. Just as you’re about to settle onto your couch with your plate of cheese and your wine glass, you accidentally trip and spill everything all over the floor and couch. You look down in despair, thinking to yourself that your night is ruined.
Has this scenario happened to you?
We’ve all had accidents, but what a lot of people in this situation don’t realize is that they have in their possession a magic solution to their cleaning predicament: vinegar.
Believe it or not, vinegar is one of the most versatile, natural cleaning agents out there. Can it handle all the spills, accidents, and mishaps that come your way? Not all of them, but it does a fantastic job in cleaning up a mess so that you don’t have to stress out about it leaving a permanent mark.
Here’s a list of 5 things vinegar can help you with when you’re in a pinch:
1. A combination of vinegar and baking soda can be a simple solution for cleaning your toilet. Just pour a cup of vinegar, let it sit overnight, then add some baking soda and scrub it down!Your toilet will be clean and sparkling white again.
2. Run out of fabric softener? Not a problem. Just add a cup of vinegar to the final wash/rinse cycle and your laundry and it will soften right up.
3. Can’t get rid of carpet odor? Take a few drops of oil (whatever scent you prefer), mix it with vinegar in a spray bottle, and then spray away. This won’t mend the problem, but it definitely gets rid of the smell! This works on pet odor as well.
4. Spill some wine on your carpet? Take a spray bottle with vinegar and spray the area. Use a towel to absorb the mixture of vinegar and wine. Make sure you don’t RUB the area with the towel. This will only spread the mess, and make it harder for you to clean. Remember, the longer the spill sits, the more difficult it will be to clean. If you are faced with a spill, act FAST!
5. Discover mold at the corner of your room? Spray the moldy area with vinegar. Let it sit for 15 minutes, then rinse the area and let it dry. Vinegar is an antibacterial, antiseptic, and antimicrobial due to its high acidity. This is why it can be used to kill mold.
So that’s it. Now you’re equipped with the skills to handle a handful of small accidents, but what happens when you experience a major accident? That’s when you call the professionals. Sure vinegar is a great tool for homeowners to use when they experience an accident, but this is only a SHORT-TERM solution. For example, if an odor is emitting from your carpet, you might need something stronger then vinegar to properly clean it.
By ignoring signs that your carpet needs a deeper clean, you run the risk of PERMANENTLY damaging your carpet. Odors, stains, and other accidents can be masked, but to ensure longevity in your carpet, there’s no better service than JD Hill Carpet Cleaning.
JD Hill Carpet Cleaning is a trusted, family-owned business that is dedicated to providing you with a top quality service. We can assure you that our services are designed with the customer in mind.No hidden fees or additional costs. We’re upfront with you from the get-go.
You can always count on JD Hill Carpet Cleaning to clean your carpets to perfection in the Vancouver, WA and Portland, OR Metro Areas. Call us today at (360) 834-9611 to set up your appointment!
Have additional comments/questions? Submit them through our contact form, and we’ll update our blog with the answers!